It’s the most wonderful time of the year… for going mental online and spending all your dosh on beauty gift sets! Whether you’re looking to treat yourself (I certainly wont judge) or to grab a few goodies for friends and family, I’ve picked out some of the best beauty buys to suit all budgets this Christmas.
If you’re shopping for multiple friends or are on a shoestring, a clever way of gifting a quality product is by breaking up gift sets. You’ll often find products grouped together for the festive season with great savings to be had.
1. Bare Minerals Precious Gems is a set of three super-slick lip oil-balms in nude shades, and at £25 from John Lewis that means they cost just over £8.30 each, rather than the £16 individual selling price – hoorah – so you should probably treat yourself with one, too!
2. To relive those summer memories this winter I’m loving the Yes To Coconut range , and this Hydrating Body Collection set is just £23.99 from feelunique.com including polishing body scrub, an ultra-light body lotion spray and a rich hand and cuticle cream. Split, gift or save for yourself!
3. Similarly Benefit’s Pucker Up and Party balm set, £19.50, John Lewis, offers great value where you could easily split the two balms and tints between friends.
TOP OF THE LIST
At Christmas it’s hard to resist a bit of a splurge, and it’s well worth keeping an eye out for any limited-edition sets, where brands offer something special for various budgets.
1. This Regal Wardrobe palette, £35, lookfantastic.com, from Bare Minerals features a beautifully coordinated assortment of eye and cheek colours, and is top of my wish list.
2. Famous for their beautiful brush sets, this jewel-toned Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette, £15.50, beautybay.com has ten deliciously pigmented colours.
3. Too Faced are taking us away to Paris with Le Grand Château £46, Debenhams, a perfectly Parisian-styled set including three gorgeous eyeshadow palettes with two blushes, a bronzer and a Better Than Sex Mascara (bear with the name, this mascara is seriously awesome!).
4. And for the Benefit fan in your life, don’t fear if you were too late to get your mitts on one of their legendary advent calendars, this year’s collection also sees a gorgeously quirky choice – You’re So Party, £39.50, Boots, which includes Hoola bronzing powder, They’re Real mascara, Hoola lip gloss and POREfessional primer all packaged in a retro tin.
BIG BEAUTY GIFTS
Growing up, my sister and I would get one ‘big’ present at Christmas, and since graduating from Barbie’s pink jeep, these stunning beauty gifts definitely fall under that category for me.
1. A little more expensive perhaps, but top quality and excellent investments – this beautiful Zoeva Rose Gold Vol. 2 Luxury brush set, £56.95, beautybay.com, for example should last you for years and provides everything you need for perfect face and eye make-up application.
2. A new discovery to me, BRYT skincare have some seriously good products on offer, and their Haute Couture gift boxes, £80 for her, £65 for him, brytskincare.co.uk contain the complete collection with make-up remover, cleanser, creams and serums, or for the guys; hair and body wash, cleanser, shave and moisturiser.
3. If you haven’t heard of Makeup Revolution, where have you been? Super-affordable and excellent quality, this pro-style range offers some excellent dupes, and this year their festive Chest has 25 drawers of goodies – much excitement! £85, Superdrug.
4. Forget those repetitive face cream adverts, mum doesn’t want that – she wants the new anti-ageing collection from Goldfadden MD. After trying it myself, so do I. The Plant Profusion range is from £115 at Space.NK and includes Supreme Serum, Energetic Eye Cream, Lifting Neck Cream and Regenerative Night Cream.
5. While you’re browsing in Space.NK check out the range by Oskia, my new favourite the Renaissance Mask, £48.50, is like smothering your skin in rich and creamy turkish delight, in a really really good way.
Hot up your wish list with a new straightening iron or hair dryer, and we cannot rave about these Diva offerings enough.
6. The Radiant Shine styler (£79.98) heats in just 20 seconds with various settings, but the best bit: it comes in a choice of TVR-style (ask your dad) two-tone colours.
7. Matching hairdryers are available, like the Dynamica 4000 Pro (£49.99) , offering powerful drying.
8. And the gorgeous Feel the Heat Rose Gold Limited Edition styler (129.99) features mirror titanium plates for smooth styling (all from sallyexpress.com).
SASSY STOCKING FILLERS
1. Bagsy Pretty Cheeks £18, feelunique.com – cute colour for cheeks
2. Tarte Eyelash curler with mini mascara £14.50 QVC.com – we died and went to make-up heaven
3. Bagsy Lip Velvet £12, feelunique.com – soft matte lip colour
4. Pure Colour Metallic Nail Polish Bauble, £4.99, New Look – beautiful colour in awesome packaging
5. Sleek Candy Tint balm, £6.49, Superdrug – moisturising colour in 6 shades
6. Cream lipstick in marooned, £7.99, H&M – creamy vibrant colour
7. Balance Me Heavenly Hands, £7.90, John Lewis – super rich hand cream
8. The Magic of Christmas bubble bar, £5.95, Lush – Creates bubbles for miles